Saturday, November 13, 2010

What is LOVE?

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hope all things, endure all things. Love never fail."

This bible passage sound simple, and pretty much define love. However, I'm still confuse, What is love? I heard "love" all the times in church, and I understand the fact that "God is pursuing us". But I never been in a relationship, and I never ask any girl out for a date. It's hard for me to grasp the concept of love.

There is an old Chinese phrase "Though you never eat pork, but at least you seem pig run" I watch it, I read about it, I listen to it, but have I experience it? Every times I go to church, and I heard about Christ. I think, man..... this pastor know what he's talking about! The sermon sound so right, and it makes me concur with him. You can hear million times about other peoples testimony, but you still need God to soften your heart. I know I acted I know about God's love, but the truth is I don't really know.

I realize, I'm not qualify to talks about love. Love is centering around suffering. I look at my life, and I found out that I didn't "give" to any of my relationships. My parent raised me up, and send me to America for education. But I did not honor my parent. My church contribute to my spiritual growth, but I did not tithe. Jesus die on the cross for my sin, and yet I do nothing, Peoples who never give will never understand love! They're lover of themselves, and they better off be alone. I'm not qualify to talks about love, because I don't give out.

To give out certain thing, it must comes from what you earned! I never earn anythings in my life, my parent gave me most of things. How can I give, when I got nothing. I'm speechless now.........................................................................................

2 comments:

  1. Chiao, I understand exactly what you're talking about when you say you have nothing to give because everything is given to you and that pretty much everything you have is not your own, but given to you by your parents. That's the culture in many Asian countries because of the emphasis on being educated before you're ready to earn.

    However, let me point out that even when you have things that are "yours" once you've started earning, they're granted to you by God. Had God not allowed for those certain things in your life, they wouldn't be yours in the first place.

    What I'm trying to say is, even the things you have now, even if they're given to you by your parents, be it money, clothes, or anything you have now, use it all for God's glory. Consider all that as something God has given you. You could've had parents who don't give, but they do. So honor them and put to use what is under your disposal to the best use - God's glory. Does that make sense? And does it answer your question if I understood you right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously do not think I do a good job of being a steward of the things I possess with money given to me by the government or my parents but I count it all as part of a learning process.

    ReplyDelete