Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bigger and Better

This week has been so awesome. I just chill, relax, and enjoy life.

We didn't have Crusade meeting tonight, instead we play a game called bigger and better. So basically we starts with a penny and just ask around to trade for a bigger and better thing. So me and my group went to the mall..... Finally, we end up with a beach bag, a pair of slipper , and a metal box. We won, and end of story!! haha, I'm a bad story teller.

Today I finally finished up with book of Acts. It took me two months to read this book, because I got distracted very easily. I still have some questions regarding Paul, so I probably not going to jump into Romans until later. Book of Acts is crazy haha.
  1. So Paul is Roman, but he is also a Jews? I'm confused.
  2. Why Paul need to hurry back to Jerusalem to attend to Pentecost? I know that Paul made a certain vow, and he was led by the spirit? And then after that Paul, became a Rome missionary.
But I'm so excited to see what's going on in Rome..... I guess I'll just figure it out later.

Acts 20:24
"But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

At this point, Paul is still trying to hurry back to Jerusalem. So he is saying goodbye to the elders of Ephesus at the Miletus. Acts 20 is just showing how Paul encourages them, and testify himself to them.

2 Timothy 4:7
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, There is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing."

At the end, Paul is writing a letter to Timothy. Paul is prison in Rome, and it's about his time. If you read through entire 2Timothy, you'll find out that Paul use a similar tone to encourage Timothy just as he encourages the Ephesian elders.

Anyway, from Acts 20 to 2Timothy, Paul really kept the faith. From Miletus till prison in Rome, nothing ever moves Paul just as Paul said it. Paul said that he may finish the race, and he really finish it. Paul have something that I'm lack of.

This is my relationship with Christ. I told God that I'm not going to lust after the Sodomites. But in reality I continue to mess up. I don't want to pull out a card saying "I'm not perfect." 2009 winter conference Encounter, I decide to read my bible in one year as a hope for 2010. The truth is I quit after two weeks.

I lack the discipline to follow up. I lack the ambitions to becomes a leader. I lack the confidence, because I'm just not competitive enough for the race. I lack the trust in Christ, just as I mentioned in previous post, and I still kept my stupid pride.

Deep down, I see myself as a coward! I have so much need to get done, but I always ignore the reality. 8-10 months ago, my parent send me a lot of moneys. They wants me to buy a car, since I always complaint how inconvenience to live in America without a car. I failed my driver licence three times, and I still haven't pass the test. So during 8-10 months, I only take the test three times WOW!! I'm just too passive. You know, if you want something so bad then God will give it to you.

2 King 13:14-20
King Joash went to the prophet Elisha and ask for victory over Syria. Elisha told the king to strikes the arrow on the ground many times. Joash only strike it three times, and then he stops. He should have strikes 5-6 times, in order to completely destroy Syria. So now Joash can only obtain 3 victory over Syria.

I'm just like Joash!! I want Jesus Christ so bad! I want crown of righteousness so bad! I remember two years ago in Big Break 2008. I ran to the ocean and cry out to Jesus Christ, because I just want salvation so bad! There is a race, a mission, a fight, and a cause. But I doubt whether or not I'll have the faith to carry it. The point is I want it so bad, why can't I have it?





No comments:

Post a Comment